TV Five Things Meme (scoobered from angelskuuipo)
Back in the Day: 5 TV Shows You Loved As A Kid
1. Magnum P.I.
2. Scooby Doo, Where Are You?
3. Star Trek: TOS (it premiered exactly one year (to the day) before I was born--which makes me feel as though I've been a Star Trek fan from the *egg*)
4. Simon & Simon
Who Would You Do?: 5 TV Characters You Would...Well, It's Self-Explanatory (in no particular order, honest)
1. Blair Sandburg (Sentinel)(I think he'd just be a *blast*)
2. Vin Tanner (Mag7)(*So* gorgeous, but somehow not intimidating)
3. Leroy Jethro Gibbs (NCIS)(OMG just the *thought*!)
4. Buck Wilmington (Mag7)(If there was ever a man who knows how to show a lady a good time and treat her like a queen it would be Buck.)
5. Ray Kowalski (due South)
(Okay, I'm just getting *started* here, so I'm going to keep going for a while.)
6. Danny Messer (CSI:NY)
7. Ray Vecchio (due South)
8. Stella Bonasera (CSI:NY)
9. Gil Grissom (CSI)
10. Nick Stokes (CSI)
11. Jim Ellison (Sentinel)
12. Martin Fitzgerald (Without a Trace)
13. Josiah Sanchez (Mag7)(he's older, but I think he'd be *awesome*)
14. Sheldon Hawks (CSI:NY)
15. Greg Sanders (CSI)
16. Megan Reeves (Numb3rs)(In a heartbeat. :D)
17. Elena Delgado (Without a Trace)(Okay, I know *nothing* about her character, and gather that she's more than a little annoying to many fen, but the Hot Hispanic Chick was partly responsible for me figuring out that I'm bisexual. And I'd do her in a second. :D)
18. Don Eppes (Numb3rs)
19. Benton Fraser (due South)(He'd be *such* a gentleman.)
20. Spock (ST:TOS)
21. Nyota Uhura (ST:TOS)
22. Laura Holt (Remington Steele)(OMG yes, please!! Now?)
23. Remington Steele (Duh)
24. Calleigh Duquesne (CSI:Miami) (The only worthwhile character on the show)
25. Mary Travis (Mag7)(I'd squeeze her and pet her golden hair and kiss her gorgeous lips and listen to her whisper sweet nothings to me in that sexy voice)
(Okay, that's five groups of five characters I'd do...I'll stop there.)
Hot, but No: 5 Characters People Might Be Surprised You Wouldn't Do, And Why (This category is my own addition)
1. Chris Larabee (Mag7)(He's kind of *intense* you know. And a little broody. More handsome than ten normal men, but I think he'd trigger off a bunch of my neuroses.)
2. Ezra Standish (Mag7)(I couldn't trust him enough to relax and enjoy myself)
3. Catherine Willows (CSI)(she's gorgeous and hot and fabulous and every second we were together I'd be wondering why she was there with me and feeling totally fat and toad-like)
4. Judge Orrin Travis (Mag7)(he's so sexy, but married, and I wouldn't want him if he'd damage his integrity by cheating on his wife)
5. Tony DiNozzo (NCIS)(not that I don't want to and he *is* gorgeous as hell, but I don't think I'm hot enough for him and he's just juvenile enough that I don't trust him not to make me feel that)
What? No, No, I Don't Watch That...: 5 Guilty Pleasure TV Shows
This is more going to be an "embarrassing admissions" list, as they're not *still* pleasures, and I didn't feel guilty about them at the time
1. The Love Boat - I admit that I've always been a sweet fluffy romance ho.
2. Fantasy Island - Those two were my Saturday night lineup for a few years--I'd sit in the more or less private sitting room off my parent's bedroom and watch The Love Boat and Fantasy Island every week)
3. Hunter - Terrible show, really. I mean I enjoyed the hell out of it and DeeDee McCall pretty much rocked my socks, but they solved crimes by gut instinct and killing the main suspect (so the fact that they had no admissible evidence wouldn't be a long term problem). But it got me through a long, dull summer in Grad School and I'll be forever grateful.
4. Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers - only one season, the first season it showed in the US. It was when I was in Grad School and I'd get home from class in the afternoon and crash out with a glass of pink wine and watch cartoons. And Power Rangers. I didn't like it as much as Tale Spin or Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers, but I liked it more than Duck Tales.
5. The Brady Bunch - I loved this show when I was a little kid. Afternoon reruns were the best.
Wow: 5 TV Moments You Still Remember (And Probably Won't Forget)
1. M*A*S*H - Radar walking into the OR and telling everyone that Henry Blake was dead
2. Carol Burnett Show - "Just something I saw in a window" (the Gone With The Wind pastiche)
3. The 1982 Fall lineup (all networks) because that was the year I discovered that there were gorgeous people on TV and I could be, erm, interested in them. There were some great shows with some gorgeous men and women on that year: Simon & Simon, Magnum, PI, Remington Steele, Bring 'Em Back Alive, Tales of the Gold Monkey, Voyagers!, Knight Rider. I had a schedule carefully worked out to maximize my exposure to the pretty.
4. M*A*S*H - The series finale, with Hawkeye in the mental hospital, and the horror of realizing with him that the woman on the bus had smothered her baby.
5. Mary Tyler Moore Show -- Series finale, the group hug walking around the room to find a kleenex.
"Tossed Salads and Scrambled Eggs": 5 TV Theme Songs You Know (and Love) By Heart
2. Star Trek (it's woven in the very fabric of my being)
3. Laverne & Shirley
4. Gilligan's Island (I even do a hell of a good version of it to the tune of Amazing Grace)
5. Scooby Doo, Where Are You?
(I know some of the above are tunes rather than songs. I don’t care)
Eh: 5 Shows You Just Can't Get Into
2. Smallville (I don't care how queer it is, those *aren't* high school students)
3. Survivor or American Idol or pretty much any other pseudo-reality competition type show
4. I haven't liked a sitcom since Family Ties (at least not one that stayed on the air for more than a few episodes)
5. Stargate Atlantis (not SG1 either, though there are a couple of episodes I like)
The Starting Line-Up: 5 Channels You Go To First When You Sit Down to Watch TV
4. Comcast On Demand. :D (Not really a network, but that's most of what I watch)
5. DVDs (so I can watch what I choose)
This Is An Environment of Welcoming, and You Should Just Get the Hell Out Of Here: 5 TV Characters You Could Do Without
1. Sara Sidle (CSI) - Can I just say how terribly happy I am that she's now gone. She was a neurotic mess who couldn't keep her emotional issues out of her cases.
2. Amita Ramanujan (Numb3rs)- I just don’t particularly care for her. She’s passive-aggressive and plays mind games with Charlie. The writers can’t figure out what to do with her and she just needs to go away. (I just left what angelskuuipo wrote about Amita, because, umm, yeah! What she said.)
3. Horatio Caine (CSI: Miami) - He's just so arrogant and obnoxious and basically ruins the show for me.
4. Samantha Spade (Without a Trace) - Poppy Montgomery is really very beautiful, but Sam's a mess emotionally. And not a very good agent.
5. Jack Malone (Without a Trace) - Between Jack and Samantha (and Viv, but I'm out of space here) there are too many annoying characters to make it worth being fannish about Without A Trace, despite the fact that Eric Close is in it.
That's What She Said: 5 Quotes That Still Resonate
(I'm going to pass on this one because it's 2 am, I'm tired, and I'm better with movie quotes. And I added in the five characters I wouldn't do despite the fact that they're sexy as hell and I love them.)
Gimme More: 5 Shows You Can Never Get Enough Of
(This one is a really strange category for me, because the more invested I am in a snow, the more nervous I get about watching new (to me) episodes. I'm scared to death of the last few episodes of Magnificent Seven, because I'm afraid they'll do something that I won't like, especially to Chris and Vin. Shows that I'm less invested in I can eat up like popcorn. So this *isn't* a list of the shows I'm most fannish about, oddly.)
1. CSI: NY (I don't slash it, and I don't read fanfic, but I really love the show)
2. Mythbusters (they blow things up, for *science*!! It's like a big happy geek fest, with big booms!)
3. Columbo (they were TV movies, not really a series, but I'd watch Peter Falk play Columbo forever)
4. NCIS (I can watch DVD after DVD, but I don't watch the new episodes when they come out)
5. Numb3rs (Though they could ruin it completely by messing up Megan and Larry's relationship)